A City Which Will Sell Your Home:
Ann Arbor, Michigan is a city with neighborhoods that vary in home styles, models and sizes. Whether its the northwest, northeast, central, southeast or southwest, this city is filled with charm, fun and activities that whole families can enjoy. Selling homes in Ann Arbor might take a little time, but once people see all that this city has to offer, part of your selling tricks is done for you. Culture events, fine dining, educational institutes, historical edifices, top retail and shopping boutiques abound, are all top selling attractions for potential Ann Arbor home buyers.
Showcase Your Home:
Other specific home selling basics include:
1. Cleaning service. Yes, you must clean from top to bottom because potential buyers are smart shoppers and will want to see every nook and cranny. Clean the window blinds and windows, baseboards and de-clutter attics, basements and garage. A touch of paint for many of these areas, also adds a cleaner and more appealing environment. Also, keep faucets repaired and toilets flushing.
2. Make your home, more of a showroom with limited personalized items. Remove family photos, especially if they are on walls. Replace those personal photos with pictures of flowers or a Michigan scene. Research how to stage the different rooms of the house, such as bedrooms, kitchen, living room and dining areas. Potential buyers need to envision their own decorating ideas and not see so much of your present memorabilia’s.
Know When The Time Is Right:
3. Be prepared! Real estate agents or your own personal marketing, may bring people knocking at your door, at any time. Practice keeping the dishes washed and put away, make the beds and keep a lovely bed spread on top, organize the closets, by keeping less clothing in them and keep the bathrooms clean and smelling good. Also, keep any outdoor yards mowed and trimmed. Also add some flowers if possible, if not real, then plant artificial plants or flowers, just don’t have people look too closely.
4. Find out from a realty specialist, the right time or season to begin advertising your home for sale. Spring and summer seem to be the favorite time of year for persons to move and to buy. Also, choose a realty broker who knows the industry and who knows the exact time of year for selling. The latest computer technology can also be used bring potential buyers into your home, with a video cam or take still pictures that are professionally done.
Hosting The Sale Of Your Home, Finances and Security:
5. The hard part of selling home basic tips include the finances. If your home has been on the market for a while without a bite, then maybe it is time to consider lower your asking price. It is a risk, but one that is much better than moving onto a new home and location, yet your old property is lingering. Always be prepared to negotiate and to throw in something free, like gardening service.
6. Be a perfect host! Remain positive about your home and don’t talk about any negative events about your life and why you are selling your home. Find out if buyers have special interests, like children, then show them how existing rooms work as a child’s play room or bedroom or how a room can be converted into these rooms. Ask them their names if your realtor hasn’t already told you, and use their names in a friendly manner, as you talk to them about your home.
7. Even though we would like to trust everyone who comes to our home, we can’t. Lock up or remove valuables so that your home tours aren’t stressful.
Selling Your Home
If you’d like more information about selling your home, or if you have any questions, feel free to fill out the form below. We’d be happy to address any concerns you might have!